“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Running Errands

It was a Good Morning Saturday!

The night before, I literally had a two hours dream about vFalafel. I'm so glad I was able to fulfill my intense craving. This is the FIRST AND ONLY food-place, since I have been in Washington DC, that I have gone to TWICE. This definitely means something. It means that it is DELICIOUS.

While Andrew and I enjoyed our falafels, Cynthia and Lauren opted for some warm and expensive Pho at Saigon Bistro right next door!

Soho Tea & Coffee (4 of 5 stars)

While Cynthia and Lauren took their sweet time eating Pho, Andrew needed some caffeine and sugar in his system.
Soho had extremely friendly service and the place was packed with many people doing work. There are many tables and chairs for everyone to use. I would definitely love to come here to study, but I think it is too crowded. One thing we noticed was that they have super cool mugs if you decide to enjoy your beverage there.

Andrew ordered a "Hello Gorgeous Macchiato" and a Pumpkin Cheesecake
He said that the macchiato was not caramel and sweet enough. I noticed that they foam was gorgeous- fluffy and without bubbles. But, as a barista, I find it unnecessary to add so much foam because people who order sugar drinks would not really care and would probably want more liquid to enjoy.

I ordered a Mexican Coffee ($2.75)
First, I thought this drink would be like a spicy mocha that I tried at other coffee shops. However, the barista explained that it was real grounded Ghirardelli chocolate with coffee. I found this recipe extremely unique. Overall, the drink was delicious and I want more.


A very creamy pumpkin cheesecake
As a sweet tooth expert, Andrew said it was good, but not amazing.

Afterwards, we went to Pentagon City to go shopping and to go to Costco

The dreadful walk (that felt like forever) back to the apartments

No comments:

Post a Comment