“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Obama's Ice Cream?

A beautiful day!

I was walking around, minding my own business when I noticed a crowd of people taking pictures
And there was Reverend Al Sharpton and Aretha Franklin
Having not seen anyone "famous" in DC for the past 4 weeks, I just had to snap a picture


I guess luck was with me that day. I was offered a free ticket to go visit the White House gardens- it is only opened 2 days ago. AWESOME!

Up close and personal

So close yet so far
I work at the Treasury, so it is directly next door to the White House
So I know that I am another step closer from meeting Obama!

White House vegetable gardens
Personally, it looks a little small and sad
But kudos for growing their own food

In Georgetown

I heard it was Obama's favorite ice cream?
It definitely looks like a mom and pop ice cream shop

The very messy and difficult to understand menu

Lisa got Oreo and Snickers yogurt!

Oreo Mint Ice Cream - $4.40
It was good, it was different, it was creamy, it was a good portion
But, I don't think I would want to pay $5.00 for it.

Another Obama shrine
(a way to raise the prices)

1 comment: