“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

African&Portuguese Chicken?

After work one day, we all decided that we needed to treat ourselves to dinner. Cynthia suggested (begged) that we should try Nando's with her. She found this little chain restaurant when she was studying abroad in England, and she claims that the only Nando's in the United States was in Washington DC. So of course, I was super ready to go because I love trying places that are found no where else!

Nando's Peri~Peri (3.5 of 5 stars)
African and Portuguese chicken!

The dining room is surrounded by original African art work. The decor has a romantic and warm feel with the dimmed lights, the wooden tables, and the bricks everywhere. 
This place is semi-fast food: you receive a table with a number, you order/pay for your food at the register, you sit at your table and wait for the food to come.
I would describe the environment as a cozy and a great after-work place to grab a bite! 

 Nando's is famous for their special sauces!

Out table decided to try the Medium Spice and the Garlic Spice

They have huge utensils

Lauren's Roasted Portobello Mushroom- $7.25
She describes that the overall sandwich was "on the bready side, but it introduces a variety of vegetables (normally not found in vegetarian sandwiches) such as
sauteed bell peppers and glazed aged cheese which made it delicious"

Lauren looks like a happy eater

Cynthia's 1/2 chicken at medium spice with a side of mash potatoes - $10.95
She thought it was juicy and amazing! She especially loved and devoured the mash potatoes because it was buttery and made with garlic. I'll definitely try that next time

A happy girl because she finally convinced us to come!

Jesse's 1/2 chicken with medium spice with a side of Portuguese rice and mixed leaf salad
She is a such a healthy person, she says she always needs her rice and vegetables! I wish I was more like her.

She is ready for me to finish my pictures so that she can devour her food in peace!

I ordered a 1/4 chicken with a side of Macho Peas- $6.95
My first reaction was a disappointment on the small piece of chicken that I received. But I'm happy that it was the drumstick part. The chicken was juicy by itself, but it definitely tastes better drenched with their sauces. I absolutely loved the peas. The peas was made with mashed up peas mixed with whole peas, parsley mint, and chili. I loved that combination. 

I'm happy we came and I would definitely hope to come back before I head back to California

Lauren was craving a cupcake. Luckily, Nando's offers home-made cupcakes as well. Lauren ordered this red velvet cupcake, however she was greatly disappointed. She said it tasted like a "red sugar cookie".


Overall, we had a great little dinner that night. It is really nice to be able to go out after work and eat dinner with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment