“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Found my Museum!

I don't want to say I don't like museums. I appreciate art, but it is just hard to really grasp my attention. However, the Newseum is the most amazing place I've encountered so far. I think I appreciate it more because it portrays reality- I feel very a part of everything I encountered in there.

Contemporary architecture
It is such a great museum, but it definitely lacks the audience. It is one of the few museums you have to pay for. When the Smithsonian is all free, no one would want to pay $20 for a two day ticket.

A very confusing layout

True.


A real part of the Berlin Wall

I am in history!
I had a reality check here: the Berlin wall fell in 1989. I was only born a year later! 

Global newspapers covering the 9/11 attacks

Writing a message.
I was sitting in a Holiday Inn lobby eating breakfast when I saw the plane crash into one of the Twin Tower

Heart warming, breath taking, full of meaning
You will feel every emotional possible 

This was the funnest and coolest exhibition
You can choose a scenery and broadcast yourself for free!
But if you want a copy of the video and picture, it will cost you $5.00

My 2 minutes of fame
Sadly, I don't think I would excel in this field

6th floor = view of the Capital

A cafeteria by Wolfgang Puck
Gourmet cafeteria of ordinary food


Lobster Bisque - $4.64
There was a fair amount of lobster pieces (some big chunks too). I think it needed to be a little thicker and creamier. But overall, it was really good!

Merzi (4 of 5 stars)
It is definitely not authentic Indian food. But the 4 stars is for: fast service, cheap prices, good food, and big portions

Chipotle meets Indian food!

I love this!
Start off with a Naan bowl or balsamic rice

Cynthia's Naan bowl with tandisserre chicken

$7.00
I had the Naan bowl with grilled chicken with EVERYTHING on it
Chick pea salad, yogurt sauce, corn, lettuce, tomato etc!

Overall: After finishing this bowl, my stomach was the fullest it has ever been. Even Cynthia, who is a beast, was full. Everything was fresh and simply delicious! California needs this.

Ann wasn't feeling Indian food, so she ran next store and bought gelato at Pitango
It is a little expensive for being almost $6 for a small, but it looked super creamy

On our way home, Andrew's hawk spotted something delicious.

Fancy French Cafe

Giant Macaroons- $6.00 each

A very dense, creamy, rich French cookie
This is the best cookie in the world, and definitely one of the best macaroons I've ever had.


I had a fantastic day, and I can't wait to encounter my next adventure.

1 comment:

  1. The museum definitely looks cool! I still need to find a place around Sac that sells macaroons!

    ReplyDelete