“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Home-made sushi

I'm not a cook, but I love learning quick and easy ways to make something delicious!
Also, WHO DOESN'T LOVE LOVE SUSHI?!

I always thought that you had to use some special Japanese rice or sticky rice, but you can simply use regular rice!

We add to the pot of rice- 5 table spoons of rice vinegar

We then need 5 teaspoons of sugar
Since we didn't have sugar, we found some packet ones and we assumed that 1 packet was 1 teaspoon

Mixed the vinegar and sugar well
Eating it like this was so scrumptious already

Chop up the vegetables that you want
Here we have: avocado, carrots, cucumbers, and radish 

Some imitation crab

Home-made Spicy Tuna
This was definitely awesome to make! Of course, it is not like the fresh sashimi spicy tuna at restaurants, but this was a replica.
We need 1 small can of tuna, half a tablespoon of mayonnaise and sriracha to taste.

Here are the fillings- imitation crab, spicy tuna, and smoked salmon
(Lauren and Lisa are pescaterians)

Rice and seaweed

I am so ready for some sushi! This was my first time making home-made sushi. It was definitely fun and i can't wait to go home and show my family

I tried making a hand-roll with everything in it

Then I decided that it would be easier to just roll it up
So I made a mini sushi-burrito

Lauren's smoked salmon and avocado roll

Cynthia's recreation of Kim's Mart's kimbap!

Cynthia's recreation of Kim's Mart's kimbap (attempt 2)
This was amazing! Cynthia is so talented- the perfect housewife.
The spicy tuna lacks Kim's Mart's Korean paste, but it definitely works. Look at the beautiful vegetables. Overall, the kimbap not only looks good but it tastes good too!


Finally, a funny picture of my apartment-mates

No comments:

Post a Comment