“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Taste of DC!

Let the tasting adventures begin!

I cannot explain how excited I was to attend this event. My mouth was watering non-stop!

Hundreds of tourists and Washingtonians flocked the area

With about 100 restaurants present for me to taste!

10 tickets for $15.00
My tactic was to walk around all the booths to see what there is to eat. Also, I decided that I will not buy anything that I have tried or is generic.


My Tastings

Crab Roll- 3 tickets
This was the one spot that I knew I MUST go to.
This was a pretty decent sample size- I got a good 3 bites from it. The roll was a garlic bread- warm and toasted. They give a generous portion of crab- super fresh and delicious. Overall, this was my first sample and the last sample that I thought of.

Lamb and Beef Gyro - 5 tickets
This smelled super good that I just couldn't resist to buy it. I was disappointed that the pita bread wasn't warm or toasted and it definitely needed more condiments. But they give a very generous amount of meat- a little dry but still full of spices. Overall, I liked this gyro but I'm sure I can find better.

Mini Monte Carlo- 2 tickets
This was such a great sample deal. For 2 tickets, I received two large pieces of Monte Carlo with strawberry sauce. A Monte Carlo is basically a fried ham and cheese sandwich. Sounds really bad for you, but it definitely tastes really good.


Salted Caramel Chocolate piece- 1 ticket
I finished off my tasting and ticket with a deliciously rich piece of chocolate. This is definitely a fancy, gourmet chocolate tier. My chocolate was actually tasted like chocolate and caramel with a hint of salt. Incredible!


Ivan, Cameron, Lisa, and Cynthia's Tastings

Veggie Spring Roll, Shrimp Wontons, and Short Rib- 4 tickets

Ginger Pumpkin Soup- 1 ticket
It was actually very good! Pumpkin soup with a hint of ginger!

Paella- 4 tickets
Ivan was in love with this dish, he kept talking about it throughout the day

Sample of Eoufee- 2 tickets
Cynthia thought it was absolutely delicious

Jambalaya- 2 tickets

Samosa Platter- 2 tickets
This was a great deal!

Samosa Platter Party

Everything that they make, they try to blend sweet and salty together

Parfait of dark chocolate mousse - 2 tickets
Lisa said "there was a nice variety of texture, it sparkled in my mouth"



Must go try: WICKED WAFFLES
Cynthia had mentioned this savory waffle place before. When we saw the booth at the fair, the line was ridiculously long. Now, I really need to go.

On our way out, we noticed this cute little decorative booth for FREE coffee, chai tea, hot chocolate, or apple cider. Since they only served steaming hot drinks (in a very humid day), there were no lines.

My instant K-cup Mocha
It was not that delicious. I definitely prefer my freshly brewed coffee. This mocha did not taste very coffee- it was more like a hot chocolate

I sure thought the cup was super cute!

Hip Hip Hurray and Cheers to a fantastic day of tasting!
This makes me LOVE DC!

2 comments:

  1. if you quiz me on how your mouth was watering at taste of dc, i'll say it couldn't stop watering! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cups are adorbs! I want one!

    ReplyDelete