“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Late Night Snack

Dupont Circle is always so lively with people rushing to catch the bus, to meet up with friends at nearby restaurants, or entertainers performing in the streets

They were simply an amazing jazz group


Later that night, we found this little burger joint that is opened till 5am- ridiculous! But I have to say that I miss In N out!

Rogue States (2 of 5 stars)
For a mediocre late night burger lounge, the service was incredibly slow for a slow night


The menu

The walls were filled with MONEY!
Lauren said "What a waste"

Lauren's "Old MacDonald" - $7.50
The sandwich consists of portabella mushroom, grilled vegetables, olives, chopped lettuce, hazelnut dressing alfalfa sprouts, hot cherry peppers, and goat cheese on ciabatta bread
It looked mouthwatering right when I saw it. The combination sounds so unique and the vegetables looked so fresh! This was totally a great deal compared to mine.

She is thrilled

Andrew's 1/4 pound "Rogue State" burger- $5.50
It was a regular burger with house blend spice, cilantro, and chipotle
As a male who eats a lot, this was definitely not satisfying

French Fries- $2.50
Still hungry after his miniature burger, Andrew had to order a side of fries

Andrew seemed excited to eat!

Ivan with his miniature burger and french fries!

My 1/4 pound "Ciao Down"- $5.50
This MINIATURE burger had the usual burger ingredients plus garlic and basil. I even asked for the meat to be medium rare.
First of all, the meat was definitely not medium rare but overdone- it was dry and not tasty. The burger is not unique at all; in actuality all the "special" burgers look the same
I think what disappointed me the most is how bite-sized the burger was. This is definitely DEFINITELY not worth the price or going back for


Overall: I think we were all incredibly disappointed. I rather go hungry.

My dear roommate Lauren
I love our love/hate relationship where we laugh at random things, talk in our English accents, and talk late at night untill we both fall a sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment