“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Breakfast at 6pm

Saturday afternoon at the Smithsonian National Zoo


This beautiful beast

People know that I'm deadly scared of animals. Even those little house pets. However, I can never take my eyes off of large cats. I love tigers. I admire their majestic and dominant character.

The orangutan

Tug of War with the orangutan, they are STRONG!


He's so scary and intense!

I do like reptiles

GIGANTIC Turtles

So cute, the panda!

I seem to always take pictures with stuffed animal cats

Roommates <3 We are wearing Ninja Turtle colors!
I love how we have formed such a great bond. We hangout together every single day! 

Open City
Recommended by Lisa's friend

Dinner at 6:00 pm

I look scary
But after a super cold and rainy day at the zoo, this coffee definitely hit the spot!

A non fat latte
I appreciate how the barista made the effort to make a design and topped it off with some cute animal crackers
The espresso was smooth and it had extra foam, just the way I like it

Lisa's entrees
"Blanco Scramble" (scrambled eggs with tomato and spinach) with a side of mixed greens
For over $10, I think this entree was a good deal. It has the protein, the carbs, the veggies, etc. Lisa tried the grits too which she said was just alright. 

Cynthia's entree
"Chorizo Scramble"
This was hearty meal! It smelled good and they gave her a large portion!

Lauren's "Brioche French Toast"
I'm pretty Lauren enjoyed this! I had a taste of it too. We both agreed that the toast were a bit "egg-ey" and overly moist. However, it was tasty!

My "Chai Tea Waffles"
I was definitely excited to try chai-flavored waffles. My second option was the "red-velvet" waffles which I'll try if I ever go back. The waffle texture was amazing- crunchy and crispy. However, I was a little disappointed in the "chai" part because the chai flavor was so difficult to find. I had to try really hard in order to taste the chai. 

L & L
All smiles because we always have so much fun

Cynthia and I
We are all bundled up! A delicious meal to warm our stomachs
This girl is impressive, she can eat!

The Tab if you are curious

Overall: I think the price is a little high for simple food with pretty large/ mediocre portions. The food is unique and tasty though. I wish they had more combination plates like eggs, ham, pancakes, etc- like Dennys or IHop. Overall, I like how they serve breakfast all day. The environment was hip and comfortable with a large crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment