“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Vegetarian Food for Meat Lovers!

vFalafel (5 of 5 stars)
What I liked most about this place was the customer service. The cute little old man who was there was so nice. He calmly explained a falafel to us. He also told us about how this Middle Eastern food derived from his home country of Syria and Lebanon. It was very interesting learning about this culture. We told him that we will definitely come back and bring all our Californian friends- he seemed happy. 

Dupont Circle
 A very bright and happy looking restaurant
This is one of the few modern architectures I've seen

Plain and simple decor- cute
It was about 7:00 pm. I'm not sure why such a delicious restaurant only had 3 customers at dinner time
What I didn't like was the lighting. There was a fan inside that made the lights flicker a lot.

The all Vegetarian Menu

Unlimited toppings bar
This was the most amazing part. Fresh vegetables, home made hummus, yogurt, garbanzo deli salad, cous cous deli salad, coleslaw, etc.  

I ordered the Original Falafel- $6.55
You are given a fresh falafel in a pita bread
They give you a large portion of falafel

Then you go to the salad bar and make it your own
I was overly excited and put as much of everything that I could fit in the pita bread. Of course, I topped it with my favorite ingredient- corn. And of course, I went back for seconds.
Ann and I both agreed that it tasted like meat. The falafel was so flavorful that I forgot I was eating only vegetables! I loved the fresh home made ingredients. Overall, this is one of the best restaurants and Middle Eastern food I've ever had.

Ann's creation

Ann definitely really enjoyed it
She was smiling and eating the whole time

I enjoyed our cute little bonding time
After a long 8 hours of work, this girl time with delicious/affordable food was much need.

No comments:

Post a Comment