“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quick and simple dinner

As a college student, inexpensive and decent food is what matters. Usually, that would be found in a fast food restaurant.  However, you can always make something healthy, quick, and nice right at home. 
Instant Miso Soup
There are 8 servings in this $4.00 packet- good deal
Each makes a small bowl of miso

 The directions says to put: 1 packet of paste, 1 packet of miso ingredients, and 2-3 cups of water
I decided to make 2 servings, so I can save some for tomorrow's dinner
In this pot, I have 2 packets of paste, 2 packets of miso ingredients, and 5 cups of water
Then I heated up the miso to a boil

 I chopped some healthy vegetables for my broth
-Asian Bok Choy, mushrooms, tofu, diced garlic, green onions

 I placed all the vegetables in the soup and added some pepper (no salt or oyster sauce because I am trying to stay away from high sodium). I never know how to season food, but I know pepper always works!
Then, I added a packet of frozen udon noodles
Finally, I waited until the broth was boiling

 This is my most Asian dish ever
Like my housemate Cynthia would say: "Sriracha makes everything taste good". I liked how the sriracha added a little kick of spice

I'm happy that I finally ate something healthy. The weather is starting to get really cold and coming home to a bowl of soup feels so nice. I really enjoyed this flavorful vegetable udon soup!

1 comment: