“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tadashi sounds like O.M.G AMAZING!

I always (usually) keep my promises. Since Dang achieved straight Ace his last semester at school, I owe him a sushi meal. I love my nerd.


Tadashi

Homeless roll and Mexican Gone Wild roll

Mexican Gone Wild roll
Definitely my favorite. Spicy tuna in the inside and a slice of albacore topped with some saucy shrimp. DELICIOUS.

Homeless roll
I felt this one was a little salty. There was shrimp tempera inside and then topped with fried soft shelled crab

Honey roll
This one was a little simpler but just as yummy. It was topped with baked salmon

Gucci Roll
The inside had soft shelled crab and then topped with tuna. This one was my second favorite. The other three were all warmer sushi and this was the only cold one. So it felt lighter and not as heavy with flavor. 

The most beautiful rolls ever. Some people may think there is just too much going on. But if you like sushi full of sauce and flavors, this is the perfect place for you!

Ready to eat!


Company: Dang
Time: Friday, 3:00 pm
Location: La Jolla Cove on Prospect
Type of food: Japanese
Ambiance: Simple, nice, comfortable
Service: 3pm is past lunch time, so there were plenty of tables in this small little restaurant. There were only 3 men at the bar. I don't think the waitress knew what she was doing. She didn't know what an oyster shot was! And when we didn't understand something, she felt annoyed to have to explain it again. Rude waitress. But I loved how the food came out super fast!
Taste: There is an overload of flavor and you will not be able to taste the quality. But HEY, if it taste and looks amazing, IT IS AMAZING.
Price: The rolls ranged from $12-$17. The total cost of our meal was $43.65.
Overall: What I liked about today was the great deal! Between 3pm-6pm was happy hour, so the rolls would be 10% off each.  However, we chose the Summer Deal instead which was buy 3 specialty rolls get 1 free. We were super happy with everything.

I captured the process of his "orgasm" face. Simply hilarious. Only some people know what I'm talking about. But if you see this face, that means the food is "bomb dot com"


Chocolate Factory
We had extreme food coma from the sushi. I don't know how Dang found any room to fit chocolate in his stomach. 
This little shop is a bit pricey, but everything is made fresh everyday! There are so many creative chocolate choices.

They have such pretty apple dips

A milk chocolate toffee bar for $3


I hope you enjoyed this amazing lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment