“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Little Adventure in the land of Orange County!

I have been getting upset with Dang because he hasn't taken me on a date all summer! So I was thrilled to hear that he had the whole Friday off to hang out with me. We decided to take a little road trip up to Irvine.

85 Degrees


Waited 15 minutes in line at 1pm. 

The drink menu. 
I got yelled at because apparently I'm not allowed to take pictures indoor.

Wow, gorgeous.

He's jumping with joy inside

Our goodies! We got everything from salty to sweet.
I like how they package each bun individually- clean and neat

We got our snacks so we are off to our next adventure!


Orange County Great Park
Friday afternoon is definitely not busy. In other words, it was completely empty! We arrived at 2pm.

So excited to ride the great Orange Balloon for free

Dang taking attractive pictures of me!
I like my eye shadows (Naked palette for life)

While we waited 10 minutes for our balloon

Our passes!
1. You wait in line to sign a waver (in our case, we just walked right up to the counter)
2. They give you a buzzer so you can pick up the tickets when they are ready
3. You walk the long way back to the counter to pick up the tickets
Reaction: How silly that we needed a buzzer and then go back to pick up our tickets! There was literally no one in line so they should have just saved our energy and given us our tickets on the spot!

Let's go!

He is so scared!


This thing held the balloon!
We are literally being held onto by a string (rope)

The view from 400 ft.
Great Park is a large piece of land (very bare), it use to be an aircraft landing
I hear the view looks better at night

400 ft. is pretty high!


hahha. Scardy pants!

Free carousal ride too!

Hello cutie

I'm riding a zebra!

Bootylicious

South Coast Plaza
A mall full of every luxury brand imaginable!

Hello Kitty made out of tuna cans!


Brodards
Located on the busy area of Westminster. This place was incredibly difficult to find, even though I've been here before. 
The price is a little high but totally worth it for their quality. Our bill came out to be about $25 including tips.

Their infamous amazing spring rolls with their amazing sauce

Vermicelli noodles with BBQ pork and egg rolls
The portion was smaller than most places. But I love the texture of the noodles- it was very thin and full of elasticity

Chicken soup with rice noodles, sliced pork and jumbo shrimp
The soup was very delicious- light and not over powered by MSG

Yummy in my tummy. I can't wait to go back!


Tastea
It is located just down the street from Brodards. The ambiance and decor looks very Americanized compared to other boba places. The menu was very cute and colorful. 

I'm ready!

Boba making magic

"Oooh lala- coconut pineapple with strawberry bits with green boba"- $4.00
Beautiful colors and super delicious. The strawberry was fresh and the boba had the best texture. I definitely need to come back asap.

Perfect way to end our date

Thank you darling for a wonderful day, you are simply the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment