“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Out in town with roommates!

On our first day living in our apartment, my roommates and I decided to go walk around the area. We grabbed a late lunch and walked around the area.

Teaism

It looks like a fancy tea house on the outside, and they do sell little tea sets inside. But it definitely does not feel like a tea house. It feels more like a better fast food American and Asian fusion restaurant. There were plain wooden tables with soy sauce on the table. When I imagine tea houses, I see fancy and delicate decors. However, many people seem to come here to grab a quick bite!
I'm so disappointed that I didn't take a picture of Lauren's veggie burger!

Well this was interesting!

"Salmon Bento Box"- $9.25
Lisa and Cynthia ordered the salmon bento box. It was so colorful and fresh! A simple bowl of brown rice looks so appetizing. They both really enjoyed their meal.

"Adzuki Vegetarian Sandwich"- $8.00
This sandwich was made out of bean paste, feta cheese, grilled tomatoes/onions, and fresh vegetables on ciabatta bread. My first impression was of great disappointment because the sandwich was wrapped up like it was pre-made earlier in the day. I expected a freshly toasted sandwich. However, I definitely devoured it. This vegetarian sandwich was simply delicious! I've never seen lettuce so green! Everything was so fresh and worked perfectly together.

"Salted Oat Cookie"- $2.10
So this is what we came for, literally. It was mentioned on DishTip as one of the must try things in Washington DC.  I guess that gave me too high of an expectation because it really did taste like a regular oatmeal raisin cookie. As Lauren describes it: "It tastes like butter and salt in a very delicious way". 

One of my apartment-mates Lisa and I

My roommate Lauren and Cynthia

Many beautiful architectures and art in DC


 The WHITE HOUSE
Literally a few blocks from where I live

 "Washington Monument"
There's a huge crack at the top due to the earthquake



 Smithsonian Castle where Cynthia will be interning

 "National History Museum"

 Us being very silly

YES

Good Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment