“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Date With Miss Strawberry Lover

I had a really cute little date with Kimi last week. She totally helped narrow my yelping down by telling me she craved Ramen!

Yakitori Yakyudori & Ramen (3.5 of 5 stars)
This is one of the highest rated Ramen houses in San Diego!


It is easy to miss! 

My excellent blurry picture taking skills!
The MENU

The ORIGINAL Ramen
Dang and Kimi both ordered this. It was very yummy. The broth was a little salty and it didn't really taste like Miso soup. But I liked the Ramen! It tasted very light.

Spicy Miso Ramen
Of course I ordered this because of the CORN. It was a very exciting mixture of flavors. I thought it was very unique but it was way too spicy for me. Luckily, I traded this dish with Dang.

 Kimi is so so cute!

What a third wheel.
Luckily he had work so he only bothered our date for 30 minutes! 


Company: Kimi and Dang
Time: Wednesday, 1pm
Location: Kearny Mesa
Type of food: Japanese
Ambiance: Very Japanese/Asian, Small/Comfortable, Cute
Service: Nice, friendly, attentive waitresses
Taste: Unique blends of flavors
Price: $10 minimum on credit cards. The price is alright. An average of $7 per bowl during lunch hours.
Overall: I liked it! I'm not sure if it is worth it because I think Ramen should cost under $1. 


Crepe World (2.5 of 5 stars)
I'm glad they moved to a smaller venue (right next store). They definitely did not need that larger space.


The MENU (that you can barely see)

All mine.
Nutella crepe with Green Tea ice cream and Mango, topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce
I am quite disappointed that they served this crepe in a French style. I missed the Japanese cone. But a lot of people don't know how to eat it the correct way. This Japanese crepe is crunchy, so it is very difficult to cut on a plate!
The crepe itself was ok. It wasn't very fluffy. The Green Tea ice cream was disappointing because it wasn't the Asian kind! The mango was raw, so it was hard and sour.

Kimi's delight!
Nutella crepe with Strawberry ice cream with Strawberries, topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce
Kimi definitely looked like she enjoyed this one!

Hello cutie pie! Thank you for crepes!

Company: Kimi

Time: Wednesday, 2pm
Location: Convoy plaza
Type of food: Dessert
Ambiance: Small, young, fun, fast
Service: There was no one there. The man took our order and made it right then and there. We waited about 5 minutes for our order. I wonder what happened to those young girls that use to work there. I prefer them making my crepes.
Taste: It definitely tasted better before. Although the standards were not up to par, I did enjoy it.
Price: 1 fruit, nutella, and ice cream crepe cost $5.48
Overall: The quality definitely went down! The presentation is definitely better. I'll come back only because it is the only Japanese crepe place in San Diego.



We spent a nice 2 hours together! I love our talks about youtube beauty gurus and fashion blogs! We didn't even talk about our annoying boyfriends. We will have another date soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment