“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Spring Rolls

I felt Vietnamese one day and decided to make SPRING ROLLS for dinner.

However, I think this is a Vietnamese, Korean, and Chinese FUSION! I used the Vietnamese idea of a spring roll, used Korean BBQ meat as the filling, and created a Chinese dipping sauce.

1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of vinegar, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of fish sauce, and some freshly diced garlic
Mix all the ingredients together in a small pot over a stove

The more vegetables the better! As filling, I grabbed whatever was in my refrigerator: bean sprouts, lettuce, and cucumber. Dang had the awesome idea of putting mandarin oranges in it too!

I bought some freshly sliced beef at the market and a Korean BBQ mixture to marinate it. This is an excellent filler because it is so flavorful!

Use warm water to "cook" the spring roll wrapper

Easy, fast, and delicious dinner for four!

My cute little spring roll! 
No pictures of a wrapped up spring roll because none of them turned out clean and nice. 

Dang was a beast and ate 7 whole spring rolls! Amazing.


Simple and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment