“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Empanadas in DC

Mexican/Spanish food in DC? I'm sure no carne asada burrito is comparable to those in California. However, my roommates and I checked out this little chain joint after some shopping at Target.

Julia's Empanadas

 Cute little shop! It only sells empanadas!

 Salty or sweet

 What perfect shapes

 My order!

 $3.84 each
Very pretty
At first, I thought it was a bit pricey. However, each empanada was very large and satisfying. 

Smelled and tasted delicious
Unlike other greasy and oily empanadas, this was amazing! It was baked instead of fried. So I feel so much healthier. I love the fresh ingredients and the Spanish spices

 6 days in DC, and I still do not understand anything at the metro

Saw a cute pink cupcake truck!
I looked it up when I got back to the apartment, and apparently it is a well known cupcake truck! I will have to hunt it down next time.

1 comment:

  1. those empanadas look deliciouss! hope you're able to hunt down that cupcake truck! :)

    ReplyDelete