“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

First day in DC!

I love vacationing with my mom. I love that she buys me everything! (kind of)

I have to say, Washington DC has the worst customer service ever. Everywhere I've been, I have not been treated well. I went to Starbucks today and the girl at the cashier said "hey, what do you want?" AND she charged me $5.72 on my GRANDE frappuccino. WTH right? I am very unhappy. 
With all that said, I must say Washington DC does have some excellent food places. 

Potbelly (5 of 5 stars)

 One million times better than Subway

 The very minimal items on the menu. But it is quality over quantity!

 Interesting and cozy interior

 The "Uptown"- $6.75
So fresh and cold and yummy. The salad had blue cheese, cranberries, caramelized walnuts, grapes, apples, and regular salad stuff. A great lunch size to share with the sandwich.

 "Roast Beef" (size BIG- $5.40)
Angus Beef and provolone cheese with lettuce, onion, tomato, and Italian seasoning
Wow, the beef was tender and they give you a very generous amount. The vegetables were fresh and complimented well. The wheat bread was so soft and perfectly toasted.  The lady at the counter suggested that we should add mushrooms. The mushroom wasn't even grilled, it was regular raw mushrooms. I think she was just trying to hustle us an extra 50 cents.  But overall, this was delicious. 

 Perfect first meal

Potbelly was located in a busy plaza

Touring DC

 Where I will be interning!

 I look like I might be important, but I'm not

The White House
It looks smaller than I remember

Vapiano (4 of 5 stars)
A very very interesting concept.

 Chinatown (not really)

 Seriously, where are all the Asians?

 I like the Asian characters

 The menu

 So modern, shiny, and red inside. Perfect for a fun night out with friends. Excellent for big parties or small parties because you don't need to split checks

 Basically, you go to a station or many stations (pizza, pasta, salad, or appetizer), order your food, scan your card, get your food, eat your food, and then you pay when you leave. Sounds so easy to steal. But I want good karma

 "Roasted Tomato and Garlic" - $8.95
So big! I loved the roasted tomatoes (but only 4 little pieces?) The crust was thin and crispy. The cheese was gooey good. I loved it! 

 "Scampi E Spinaci" on campelle pasta (shrimp, pancetta, garlic, white wine, spinach, lemon)- $11.95
I liked watching the chef make this dish. Besides him being cute, it was cool seeing how he created this before my eyes. This was such a light entre. I've never had campelle pasta before, it was really good. I loved the jumbo shrimp. I love the lemon and garlic flavor. I just loved pasta!

oh happy me!

No comments:

Post a Comment