“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Georgetown, the New England Berkeley

On a Saturday evening, I decided to visit my old friend Kiet in Georgetown. It was an adventurous night because it was my very first time taking the metro by myself and it was in the evening. The atmosphere felt like Berkeley- college students everywhere, lots of little restaurants, bars with loud music, many clothing stores, cute and stylish homes, and lots of quirky personalities.


To me, besides the prestigious university, Georgetown is known for "Georgetown Cupcakes" which was featured on TLC. I wish I took a picture of the ridiculous line that stretched across 2 streets. 
As much as I wanted to try their cupcakes, Kiet refused to take me here because it was for "tourists" and that there was a better one just around the corner. 

Baked and Wired

Now they deserve a TV show
Come here for delicious and beautiful cupcakes, biscotti, espresso drinks, and fruity teas

I would describe the atmosphere as cute and hipster 

My heavenly choice, recommended by Kiet

"Tessita"- $3.85
I love cakes with distinctive layers of flavors versus all the flavors mixed in together. The cake was vanilla flavor and the center was filled with dulce de leche filling. And to make the whole thing even better, this beauty was topped with hazelnut frosting which tasted exactly like nutella spread.
It might be a little pricey, but it is definitely gourmet and worth a try. Sprinkle's small and overpriced, plain and unoriginal flavors topped with over-sweetened frosting made me think cupcakes were incredibly overrated. 

Baked and Wired made me LOVE LOVE cupcakes again!



The Tombs

A simple American menu with decent prices

Hello Kiet

"Portobello Sandwich with french fries"- $9
The ingredients were fresh and the french fries were crispy. Overall, it was a good vegetarian sandwich. One negative comment would be the very oily foccacia bread. I love foccacia bread because it is soft and flavorful, but it takes away the "healthier" feeling


I love Georgetown, I will definitely come back to check out the cute little boutiques, the chain stores, and the many delicious delicacies on every street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment