“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Colorful vegetables

After discovering a Hana's Japanese Market near our apartments, my friend Jessie and I decided to make a nice home-cooked-Asian meal. I would like to dedicate this post to my sister Corinna because she is living all alone in Davis. I want her to learn how to cook and eat something healthy and delicious.

Fun-Udon = Fundon
Title was a play of words by my roommate Lauren

-Boil the udon in boiling water 
-Add oil so it doesn't stick to the pot
-When it is bubbling and ready, pour the noodles in a strainer
-Rinse the the noodles with cold water so that the noodles do not stick together

-In another pan, put oil on the pan
-Add chopped garlic and chopping onions- sautee it for a while
-Then add ground meat (here I am using lean ground turkey) until browned

Add any vegetables available to you
Here I have carrots, lettuce, mushrooms, beansprouts, green onions, and of course corn

 Add some oil, add the mushroom first to sautee it, then add the carrots because they take longer to cook, and finally add the rest of the vegetables together

-After the vegetables are cooked and stirred, add the ground meat into the mixture
-Then add some ground peppers and oyster sauce for flavor
-Finally pour all the udon noodles into the pot and mix everything together

A delicious and healthy dinner
Green, orange, yellow, brown- COLORS makes food so appetizing


Ann came over right when we finished making dinner. Us three girls enjoyed a nice home-cooked meal while we chatted about our weekends. I love staying in and having good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment