“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My belly craved Korean!

My mom, sister, and I love Korean food.  However, we never really get to go out for it because my dad doesn't really like it. So we decided to have a girl's day out and enjoy some delicious Korean food.

Tofu House

I love Korean restaurants because they always come with little appetizers to keep us busy while we wait for our food.  Tofu House only provides four little dishes (far less than other restaurants).  

Boiling goodness of Beef and Kimchee Soft Tofu with brown rice with two eggs cracked inside ($9.00)
Delicious. I like this combination the most because it does not taste very seafood-fishy-like. A very fulfilling portion. 

Bimbimbap ($10.00)
My usual go-to-dish. But my mom tried it this time. I love how it has the crispy rice at the bottom of the pot. The combination is mixed with fresh lettuce, other vegetables, and grilled beef. Love it.

BBQ Eel ($10.00 + $1 for rice)
I wanted to try something new and decided to go with some eel. I didn't really like it that much because it was extremely slimy and fishy. It was good the first few bites, but I definitely could not finish it. Also, I was disappointed to hear that this dish does not come with rice. Next time, I'll stick to the traditional dishes.

Company:  Mother and sister
Time:  Thursday, September 1, 1:30pm
Perfect time to go. Plenty of parking in the terribly small parking lot and no wait for our table.
Location:  In Convoy
Type of food: Korean
Ambiance:  Casual, simple, fast, clean
Service: Fast and friendly
Taste:  Fresh and delicious
Price: Average $10 per dish
Overall: Feels like a fast-food Korean restaurant. The prices are cheap compared to other Korean restaurants and the food comes out quick. My dad always thinks it is ridiculous that they charge $10 for a tofu stew because tofu is so ridiculously cheap at markets. Maybe that is why he doesn't think the food is worth it. But overall, I love Korean food and this place satisfies my cravings!

My dear LITTLE sister. WOW, we kind of really do look alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment