“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Love for Falafels

DC is making me LOVE falafels!

Amsterdam Falafels
Located in Adams Morgan and opened late at nights
Highly rated as one of the best falafels, late night snacks, and best-valued food spots by Yelp and the Washington Post

The logo and colors are definitely attention grabbing and attractive

It is a small restaurant but it attracts people of all ages at different times of the day

Home-made and fresh ingredients
I love how I can create my falafel sandwich to my liking

Small- $4.99
I love how there is an option for white or wheat pita. Of course, I chose wheat. The sandwich was the size of my hand and came with 3 big pieces of falafels

The falafel itself is definitely flavorful- it was more than just mashed up fried chickpeas. The toppings was also fresh and enjoyable. This quick bite is definitely worth the price and quality.

Feeling hungry, I decided to order some French Fries- $3.75
They give you a very generous portion. The fries were freshly fried, so it was extremely hot and oily when they gave it to me. It wasn't anything exciting or different, just regularly good potato fries. I chose (self-served) hummus, ketchup, and peanut butter as m dipping sauce. 

Overall, a great place for fresh and affordable quick bite or late night snack. 
HOWEVER, I would have to say vFalafel in Dupont Circle (in previous blog posts) is better. vFalafel has more variety in the deli salad selection. Their falafel sandwich is priced at under $7.00 but the portion is bigger at 5 falafels per pita sandwich. But I have to admit that Amsterdam's falafel is much better in taste.

So, in my perfect world, I would merge Amsterdam's falafel with vFalafel's deli salads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment