“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Founding Farmers

I finally checked out the infamous Founding Farmers. The best part about this place- breakfast food all day!

Founding Farmers

Located in a huge glass building- definitely easy to miss. However, the large group of people waiting outside definitely helped us locate it. 
Make sure you make a reservation, or else it would be a 2 hour wait!

Our waiter Adam was incredible. He never rushed us and took the time to chat with us too. When asked for recommendations, he told us his favorite dish and the most popular item. He even separated each of our bills! AND he did not charge automatic tip for parties over 6 like most restaurants.

The breakfast and lunch menus
I would have to say the price was less than I what I expected since the restaurant is so extremely well known.
The price is fair, just a little higher than average. 

Very rustic utensils
I would describe the decor as a modern farmhouse- very comfortable and home style environment 

Cameron's "Hot Chocolate"- $4.00
It was made with real-grind up chocolate. It was very chocolate-y but not too sweet. I thought it was delicious.

Cameron's "Fried Chicken, Eggs, and Waffles" - $12.00
This is the #1 most popular item on the menu.
Since he is from Southern California and has been to Roscoe's, he said it was not comparable. 

Cynthia's "Founding Farmers Breakfast"- $9.00
She was a little disappointed by the small portion. The food was good, but not extraordinarily special.

My "Benedict Arnold with Sausage and Cream Gravy" - $10.00
I think I deserve more hash browns. The sausage patty on the muffin was a little small and the pouched egg was not "pouched" enough because the egg yolk was cooked. However, I loved the gravy sauce.  

Lauren's "Banana Foster Buttermilk Pancakes"- $9.00
She loved it. I tasted it and I loved it. It was the fluffiest pancakes I've ever had. However, I think they need to be a little more generous with the bananas. 

Caleb's "Chili Cheese Burger"- $10.99
He devoured within minutes, but maybe he is just a fast eater. 

Andrew's "Fresh Strawberries & Whipped Cream Stuffed French Toast"- $10.00
Our waiter's favorite dish, he said it was "to die for'. 
Andrew said it was just "ok". He said he has an extreme sweet tooth, so it was not satisfyingly sweet enough for him. 

Good food, good company

Overall: Founding Farmers has a cozy atmosphere, great service, awesome menu choices, semi-average serving sizes, and decent prices. It is good, but it is definitely not incredibly amazing.

1 comment: