“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Welcome to Philly: Day 1

After a long 4 hours on the Greyhound bus, I finally arrived in Philadelphia. Note to self: never travel a day before the holidays.


Luckily for me, I made a friend on the bus who was a Philly native. He gave me a list of restaurants and places to  go check out. Once we arrived, I took a taxi to the University of Pennsylvania (yes, all by myself).


It was 8:00 pm and we were hungry. To our surprise, one of the recommended restaurants from my bus friend was only a few blocks away.


Kababeesh
Pakistani cuisine


Legarlin said she would never have considered to check it out
I'm glad we got a local's recommendation

The menu

Freshly grilled

Reunited
Known each other for 5 years!

Legarlin and Juliana

Mango Lassi
Mango Milkshake

Small Chicken Karahi- $24.00
The advertisement said it would be ready in 30 minutes because everything is freshly prepared and cooked, but we only waited a total of 15 minutes.
This was phenomenally unique- it was great blend of spices and flavor.  

Fresh Oven-Baked Naan
Perfectly toasted

All smiles because we love trying ethnic food

A very old fashion restaurant
The decor doesn't represent the culture
The service was nice

It seriously looks like a trailer from the outside


Time to relax


Apple Cinnamon w/ Preserved apple filling and Milkshake w/ Vanilla cream cheese filling
After our delicious dinner, we went back to the apartment to relax and enjoy the cupcakes I brought from Crumbs in Washington DC

No comments:

Post a Comment