“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Delicious Food, Bad Service

Washington DC is definitely not known for its Asian cuisine. However, my dear friend Thao highly recommended this Thai restaurant.


Pasara Thai
There were plenty of seats available at 6:30pm on a Tuesday night.
The night started off bad right when we sat down. Jessie was ecstatic to finally order her first legal drink. However, our waitress told us that in DC, restaurants are only allowed to service alcohol one day after the birth date. Isn't that ridiculous? After speaking to another waiter, Jessie was finally able to order her drink. Jumping to the end of our dinner, Kiet looked at the drink and found a dead fly floating in the drink. The waiter simply offered to remake the drink or take it off the bill. For all the trouble they caused, I think we deserved a big discount.

It is a very beautiful and casual restaurant with dim lighting

An extensive menu
A very clean and calm environment
Compared to California, the prices are very expensive. Normally you can order a noodle, curry, or rice dish for under $10.00. But here and in DC, Thai food is $12+ per dish.

Happy Birthday!

Jessie's "Green Curry"
It had eggplants and chicken. I had a little sample of the curry broth and I noticed that the spicy flavors were definitely strong. 

Kiet's "Drunken Noodles"
I had a little sample and I thought the flavors were delicious. It was a little spicy, but it felt like a "Chinese" Thai dish

My "Pad See Iew"- $12.95
Commenting on only food, I have to admit that this was probably the BEST Pad See Iew I have ever had. I decided to go with this traditional dish as a test because Thai restaurants should/can never go wrong with the classics. And if a classic dish is terrible, the restaurant itself must be terrible. 
But, WOW. The flavors were sizzling with spices. The portion was average and although the price was high, I think it was worth a try. All I have to say is- it was delicious! 

Happy 21st Birthday Jessie
I hope you had a wonderful dinner surrounded with loving friends
I'm glad I shared this day with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment