“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

BYOC

I started off the day trying to be productive at a Cafe.


Filter Coffeehouse
http://www.filtercoffeehouse.com/
This coffeehouse has extremely high reviews and ratings on Yelp. I agree with most of it too. The one downside is that there is VERY limited seating and plugs available. I can tell that this was a very popular spot for coffee and to study. I really hope that they have plans to expand their TINY space. 


Picture taken from Yelp
Looks like a very cozy little cottage

Picture taken from Yelp
Their concept as described on their website: "hand-poured cups of carefully chosen single origin coffees"

Pour Over Coffee:  "Ethiopia Sidamo"- $3.25 for this 16 oz.
The description: "Fruit & floral aromatics of strawberry, orange blossom, and apricot vivid acidity, creamy body, with a lingering finish"
One word: UNIQUE. I chose this coffee because I thought it was odd. Fruity tasting coffee? It was definitely strange. I liked how I did not have to add sugar or milk. It tasted like coffee flavored tea. 

Jessie's "Latte"- $4.00
The espresso was smooth and warm


My creative roommates decided to have a BYOC (Bring Your Own "C") Party last Sunday to celebrate Halloween. It was a nice little kickback with close friends and good food.

Cynthia's Pumpkin Spice Cake
She used a box of Spice Cake Mix, and instead of adding water- she used 1 can of pumpkin mixture.
So creative!

Cynthia's Blood
Corn syrup and food coloring

My Cinnamon Rolls!

BYOC Feast


Buffalo Chicken Wings by Angel

Corn Chowder by Andrew
-Tied for #1 most popular item-

Pumpkin Pasties by Lauren

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes by Cynthia
-Tied for #1 most popular item-

Cinnamon Rolls by Me

Mint Chocolate Chip Pie by Lisa

Cheesecake by Andrew

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies by Nina

Cinnamon Bunuelos by Lauren
Super delicious!

The glorious dining table!
Carrots & Celery and Chex Mix by Cameron
Apple Cider and Candy by Jessie (not pictured)

Marty McFly (Back to the Future), Fish, Dexter Victim, and Eye Test (?)

I'm not sure why they are hugging me, since they are always picking on me
We have such a beautiful love&hate relationship
I'm so glad we get a long



Happy Halloween!
Yes, it was a Monday night. But a few of us decided that it would be fun to dress up and go out for a few hours. Unfortunately, there was not much going on for this occasion. But overall, it was fun to dress up. 
Leopard, Little Red Riding Hood, Bunny

Thanks for taking me out Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment