“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

That was one HELL of a good burger!

A short Metro ride to Arlington, Virginia for this infamous burger joint

Ray's Hell Burger (4 of 5 stars)
Note: Cash only
Impression: I love the easy to understand menu. I love how it gives customers many choices- from the bread, to the cheese, to the many free toppings, and to the way one wants their meat cooked. I also liked how they try to make it semi-restaurant style by serving our burgers on plates with silverware. 

Original Hell's Burger and Fries - $9.00
Christina likes to keep things simple. I agree that this is the best way to test if the food is actually good- strip away all the glamorous additions that will help make the burger taste better. The burger passed the test because Christina declared it as "delicious"

Original Hell's Burger- $6.99
Kate loves her burgers with EVERYTHING on it. She loves to play with flavors because it makes it taste amazing. After the first bite, Kate concluded that it was a delicious and great quality burger!

Original Hell's Burger- $6.99
I ordered the burger with almost everything on it. The slice of cheese was an additional $1.00, but I did not order or pay for that. The burger is HUGE. The potato bread was super soft and complimentary. The beef patty was well seasoned and played well with all the toppings I added. 


Overall: Great food but lacks good service. The service wasn't bad, but the employees need to be more attentive or focused on their customers. The cashier or the cook managed to get all three of our orders incorrectly. The burgers turned out excellent, but it wasn't what we ordered.

FINALLY, I have to admit that this is probably my favorite place to eat since I've been in DC. Large portions, great value, and simply DELICIOUS. 

1 comment:

  1. What a massive burger! How did you manage to bite into that?!

    ReplyDelete