“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

That burger was GOOD STUFF!

This restaurant was on my "must-go-to-eat" list since the beginning. 

Good Stuff Eatery
http://www.goodstuffeatery.com/

This restaurant is created and owned by Spike from Top Chef!
They are known for the "Prez Obama Burger" or "Michelle Melt" and the "Toasted Marshmallow" Shake (unfortunately, I did not try any of it)

Good Stuff Eatery is like a semi-fast food and pay/order kind of restaurant. I didn't really expect that, but it makes it a great place for groups. Affordable and quick service! 

My beautiful date Kate
Even though we spend every morning and afternoon together (walking to and from work), we have never been able to experience quality time together. So this night was a special treat!

My scrumptious meal- $11.81
"Good Stuff Melt"- Melted cheddar, caramelized onions, mushrooms, with Good Stuff sauce on a wheat bun. My first reaction was: "wow, this is small". After one bite, my reaction was: "wow, this is amazing!". The bun was soft and perfectly held the thick and juicy beef patty. 
"D-Lechable Leche Shake" (kid small). I was thrilled that I was allowed to order a kid's small. The shake was topped with what seemed like espresso bean bits which was bitter. But the thick and creamy texture mixed with all the flavors was simply amazing. 

Pumpkin Patch and D-Lechable Leche Shakes
I sampled Kate's Pumpkin Patch and thought it was pretty good. I liked how it was light and had pumpkin bits in it. However, I'm not a fan of mixing squash and milk.

Tori is always ready for a picture
In the future, I will hire her as my food model

"Sunny's Handcut Fries" Topped with Sea Salt
There were many raving reviews about the fries. I have to say that the texture was really good- crispy and not too salty. I thought it was a little oily and the size was a little odd. Overall, good but I'm not sure what the hype is all about.

Tori's co-worker Mario says "POW" with his "Big Stuff Bacon Meltdown"

I am squished between the beautiful Tori and Kate
I must say: Hard-working women deserves to devour excellent food

Overall: I wanted to say, THANK YOU SPIKE FOR A SUPERB MEAL!
The combination of the burger and shake was perfect. I finished the meal stuffed and filled with happiness. 

With a happy stomach, we decided to go play a couple games of pool
Kate&I vs. Mario&Tori
Let's just say that Kate&I are the true winners (in our hearts)
Thank you Mario!

Ted's Bulletin

A very Classic Americana Lounge

I love this old-fashion and classic style

Home-Made Pop Tarts- $2.99 each

Blueberry Cheesecake and Maple Pop Tarts

Tori should become a surgeon
She is so skillful and precise- cutting each pop tart into 4 equal pieces

The crust was flaky and flavorless, but I did enjoy the soft texture. I think the pop tarts needed a more generous portion of filling. The price is definitely on the high side, but it tasted healthier than a traditional store-bought Pop Tart.

Overall: It was a good pop tart! It didn't really seem like a pop tart- more like a soft cookie. I liked it enough to have tried it once.

Roommate loving

Cheers to a good night!

You can watch them craft their famous Home-made Pop Tarts from the outside window
Imagine what a pretty sight it would be when it starts to snow


Happy night!

1 comment: