“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sushi

Sakana Sushi
Dupont Circle

I've walked pass Sakana so many times and it is always packed with customers. It is a little restaurant serving authentic Japanese cuisine.

The limited yet creative Sushi menu

I could not find the menu anywhere online, luckily I captured a copy to share. As you can see, the prices are a high for California but average for Washington DC.

Sannie and Zia are ready to devour!

Sannie's "Unatama Don" (Eel, egg, veggies over rice0 - $11.50
I think this was the most unique dish. Rice over warm eel and veggies, what else can make you feel more like home? Sannie said that they gave a very generous amount of eel. She loved it!

Zia's "Katsu Don"- $10.50
Zia kept saying "this really reminds me of KFC, it really tastes like a healthier version of fried chicken". I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. I'm sure KFC would be half the price, but I'm sure she appreciates that it is less oily. Overall, the portion was pretty big!

Jessie's "Sakana California Roll" $5.50
I was able to sample a piece and I thought the quality was excellent. The rice was nice and the taste was fresh! It was an ordinary roll, but made with good quality. 

My "Sakana DC Roll"- $6.50
This roll had eel and crab meat wrapped in an egg skin. I thought that was so strange that I had to get it. I have to say that I really do prefer an egg wrap over seaweed. The eel was fresh and tasty; and I'm grateful that the rice was not hard or mushy. This roll was just right for a snack.

We enjoyed our little snack!
Although service before, during, and after was super slow, we enjoyed our little outing after an 8 hours work day

No comments:

Post a Comment