“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Simple day

HELLO MY FIRST OFFICIAL DAY OF SUMMER VACATION IN BEAUTIFUL SAN DIEGO <3
hi

sister's pretty necklace


Stone Flats (3.5/5 stars)
http://www.stoneflats.com/

So the boy has been wanting to come here for a very long time.  Since we were in a rush, we decided to give this place a try!

Buffalo Chicken

Steak and Blue Cheese (no mushroom)
Company:  Dang and Chris
Time: Monday, August 2, 12:30 pm
Location:  9844 Hibert St., San Diego CA. 92131
Right off the freeway and in the Chuckie Cheese plaza.  Plenty of parking in the parking garage and parking lot
Type of food:  American- pizza, soup, salad, breadsticks
Ambiance:  
The decor is very contemporary/western style with lots of tables and table benches.  Is that what you call tables with picnic table tops? The crowd today was mostly business people taking a break from lunch from neighboring business buildings.  
Service:
There was a host at the door who explained the menu to us.  Basically, you grab a clipboard and check off what you want to eat.  The cashier was friendly too.  Our food came out in about 10 minutes.  There was quite a lot of people, and the service was prompt.
Taste:
We ordered 2 large flat breads on wheat (of course I'm trying to be somewhat 'healthy')- "Buffalo Chicken" and "Steak and Blue Cheese". The portion is small, nothing compared to a large pizza. Since there is less dough, I'm sure I could have finished one large by myself.
When the "Buffalo Chicken" came out, my brother said it "smelled like chicken wings".  Indeed it did, and it tasted delicious too.  It was on the spicier side, but the celery on top was a great match. The "Steak and Blue Cheese" (with no mushroom because of Dang of course) was alright.  I enjoyed the steak- very tender and flavorful.  But it tasted a bit dry, maybe because I'm not a big fan of blue cheese. 
Dang also said that the crust was a bit too grainy because it was "wheat".  I think he just doesn't want to eat 'healthy'.  I liked that it was flat bread instead of the regular doughie pizza crust.  I liked that the crust was thin and crunchy. It felt like a light lunch.  
The flat breads were decent size for three people, I wasn't that hungry so I only had a little bit.  Dang and Chris were both semi-satisfied after the meal.
Price:  
These two flat breads are the "Flat Faves" which means they are established recipes.  They were each $7.95.  I think this was a pretty good deal for freshly made pizza with fresh and personable ingredients.
Overall:
I enjoyed coming here.  I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars. The service was friendly and the food was pretty good.  I just think the portion is a little small.  This is a great place if you want something that is different from the traditional pizza. 


Let's eat!
He is annoyed that he has to wait, while I take pictures


Java Mama Cafe (4/5 stars)
http://www.javamama.com/
This place is super interesting, I've never heard of this concept.  


Coffee Toffee


Company: Dang and Chris
Time: Monday, August 2, 1:30pm
Location:  9880 Hibert St., San Diego CA, 92131
Right across the street from Stone Flats
Type of food: coffee and tea
Ambiance:
The concept of this coffee house is for children to play while mom's get their daily dose of caffeine.  Therefore, the crowd was mostly parents and kids.  They have an indoor and outdoor play ground with a minimal play fee.  There was even an attendant looking over the kids in the playground (she looked quite tired). The kids look like they were having fun running around the play area.  The moms'/nannys' definitely look happy to have a free babysitter while chatting with their friends.  I know where to go now when I have kids!
The decor was very warm, with hard wood floors and dark walls.  
Service:
Very friendly cashier/barista.  However, I asked her how many espresso shots are in a small/medium/large. She said "it depends on what drink, a latte or an americano".  That did not make any sense to me. The size of the cup should mean a specific amount of espresso shots with the rest of the cup filled with milk (latte) or water (americano). 
Taste:
Dang was really craving coffee so he ordered a drink. He ordered the medium "Coffee Toffee" blended drink (like a frappuccino).  The coffee taste was light, but the overall taste was delicious.  It was blended very well with no extra chunks of ice.  It wasn't too sweet and highlighted the toffee taste very well.  
Price:
The price was great at $3.82 for a medium.  The medium was a good size. The price of the other goodies look fair as well.
Overall:
I enjoyed my experience here.  Next time, I will definitely try out a smoothie and one of their scrumptious looking baked goods. It is a great place for me to grab and go.  The atmosphere is way too loud with all the young children running and screaming everywhere. If there weren't any kids, it would definitely be an amazing place to study with its very nice furnishing.  


Playhouse in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment