“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BOBAliciousssssss

My family and I use to go to Diamond Bar every weekend until we rented out our condo. Anyways, when Dang and I went up to visit Phil and Lois in LA, he took us to the most amazing boba place. I've heard about this place before, but I  never thought to look it up. I'm am super sad that I didn't discover it earlier because I could have enjoyed my boba cup many many times by now.

Half & Half (4.5 of 5 stars)


The infamous Half & Half
Our beloved drinks
Left:  Milk drink with caramel, egg pudding, and honey boba
Right: Lychee green tea with egg pudding and honey boba

Company: Dang, Phil, Lois
Time: Friday, August 12, 10:00 pm
Location: 17575 Colima Road, Rowland Heights CA, 91748
Located at the side of a plaza with a decent size parking lot.  A little scary (looks like an alley) since we went at night.
Type of food: Tea drinks and snacks
Ambiance:
A small and cozy cafe.  It is very Asian with lots of Asian characters and snacks as decorations. They also have random things for you to take pictures with. 
Service:
Only one cashier to take orders. She seemed a little annoyed and I felt like she was rushing us to order. Well I guess it is understandable, must be boring and repetitive to push button and take orders all day. 
We paid, got a number and waited for our drink.  Luckily the order came out in less than 5 minutes. 
Taste:
So delicious. I especially loved the egg pudding- it was soft and creamy. 
Price: 
My regular size lychee green tea with egg pudding and honey boba cost $4.19. For $1 more, you can get the super size version.  Yes, the super size is quite huge. 
Overall:
I think what really got me was the shape of the cup. I can't help saying how cute it was.  However, I really wonder if it is the same volume as a regular boba cup. It is definitely not a convenient size since it will not fit in the car's cup holder. 
I've been reading negative reviews on Yelp. People say it is over-hyped and that the wait is ridiculously long. Fortunately, for me I didn't have to wait that long. And I think it is definitely a unique find.
Also, I wonder why they call themselves Half&Half. I thought it was because they used the creamy and rich half&half milk.  But I think it is just the name.
Overall, I love Half&Half and everyone must go check it out and take me with you!


Top 10 drinks
what a cutie

Until next time because I'll find an excuse to drive all the way to Rowland Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment