“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

my litto brother

My brother just turned 16 years old. He even has his license already! I love how he drives me around everywhere. I also love how he LOVES to hangout with me.

Sorrento Valley Driving Range
A nice and small place to hit some balls. I love going to the driving range.  It is so relaxing and helps me release stress.
$10 for 90 balls





He's really good. I wish he would try out for the school's golf team. I think golf is a great sport because it is all about individual skill and control.  You don't have to rely on your team mates and your performance will solely affect yourself.



Amarin Thai Restaurant (3.5 of 5 stars)


Spicy&Sour Soup
Pad See Ew with Beef (Level 2 spicy)

Red Curry with Chicken (Level 3 spicy)
Company:  Chris
Time: Tuesday, August 16, 2011- 2:00pm
Location:  In a food court in a Sorrento Valley plaza
Type of food:  Thai
Ambiance: Casual, authentic, nice.  It is not a formal or elegant looking Thai restaurant.  The restaurant isn't the cleanest and we eat over paper mats. But it is a great place to come casually for some great Thai food.
Service: 
When we arrived, there was only one other table being served.  With three waitresses working, I still had to wave my hand to get there attention in order to place my order. They were all speaking Thai to each other and having a good time.  After we placed our order, I watched as our server quickly and sloppily poured soup into our bowls and then serving it to us.  I'm just glad the food came out quickly. The service overall was mediocre even though we were the only ones there.
Taste:
We had a noodle dish and curry dish. The taste was excellent and very authentic.  The spices blended so well together that you can smell and taste it! It was delicious.  My curry was only a spicy level 3 and it was already quite spicy. The only complaint I had was the rice. I felt like the rice was a bit mushy and clumpy (too much water?).  My curry dish was almost perfect. My brother really enjoyed his Pad See Ew.
Price:
The total price came out to be $18 including tips. We went during lunch specials so our meals included soup, salad, 1 egg roll, and 1 orange wedge.  The main entree was a little small, but I guess it is proportional to the lower prices.  
Overall:
Delicious Thai food.  



ps. I hope my sister is jealous of our little hangout. She needs to finish working and hangout with us! We missed you :]

No comments:

Post a Comment