“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Latte by the ocean

Before my flight, my cute bff and I decided to meet up for coffee.  I didn't know there were so many java coffee shops in San Francisco.  Basically, we ended up in two different coffee houses.  After a two hour delay, we finally managed to see each other- that's all that matters.  Sadly, we were only able to spend 40 minutes together.

Java Beach Cafe (4/5 stars)

Maiden and I

Medium: Triple Soy Latte
Company: Maiden
Time: Monday, August 1, 10:40 am
Location: 1396 La Playa St., San Francisco CA, 94122
It was quite difficult to get to, or maybe my gps was just giving me the long route. Parking seems to be limited on a busy day.  But I was able to find a parking spot near a neighborhood 2 blocks away.  I loved how the cafe is located right at the corner of the street- a very short distance from the beach.  
Type of food: Coffee, espresso drinks, tea, pastries, sandwiches 
Ambiance:
For a Monday, late morning, the place was pretty busy.  The decor fits the beach theme and very hipster feeling.  There are big couches, tables and outside seating.  A cozy place to hangout- you get the salty breeze from the ocean. Right when you walk in, you smell the freshly roasted coffee beans.  Seems like a great place to grab a latte and a muffin; walk the short distance to the beach and read a nice book.
Service:
They have an extensive menu.  But I settled for a latte because that is the only drink to test their espresso flavor.  They have four different sizes, the medium size looks like a regular size small at other cafes.  
Taste: 
I ordered a triple (3 shots of espresso) soy latte in a medium size.  I was nervous that ordering a triple shot would make my latte super bitter.  However, call me crazy, but it wasn't that intense, but still a strong espresso punch.  Anyways, the flavor of the coffee bean was fresh and smooth.  I really enjoyed my latte, and I can't wait to try something else next time.  I definitely need to try the sandwiches, they looked scrumptious.  
Price:
There was a $5 minimum charge for credit cards.  For coffee, the price was average. When I heard that my medium sized drink had a choice of 2 or 3 shots, I went for more caffeine.  $4.20 is a pretty good deal for a soy latte with 3 shots.
Overall:
I really enjoyed the chill and laid back atmosphere.  The coffee was fresh and delicious. Can't wait to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment