“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

mmmBurger

First person besides the boy that I got to hang out with. Nan was craving a hamburger, so I suggested Smashburger! I've heard good things about it, so we decided to give it a try.

Smashburger (3.5/5 stars)


the menu

San Diego Burger

Spicy Baja Burger
Company:  Nan
Time:  Tuesday, August 3, 10:45am 
Location:  1000 Prospect St., La Jolla, CA 92037
Located in one of the busiest areas in San Diego.  Luckily, it was a Tuesday afternoon and we were able to find street parking nearby.
Type of food: American- hamburger, salad, shakes
Ambiance:
Right when you walk in, there's a long hall way before you reach the registers to order your food.  Half way through the hall way, I wanted to leave because the walk was way too far. There were plenty of tables and booths for customers.  The restaurant is more spacious that I thought it would be.  
Smashburger is right on the busy street of Prospect in La Jolla, most of the crowd would be young adults and tourists.  
Service:
The service was very friendly.  The lady at the register gave us suggestions on some of her favorite hamburgers. Since we were basically the only customers there at 2 pm, the food came out in less than 10 minutes.
Taste:
The portion was enough for one person.  I had the Spicy Baja burger.  I wasn't sure how spicy it would be, so luckily I asked for the spicy mayo and jalapenos on the side.  My burger was made with spicy chipotle bun, how interesting right?  I liked the guacamole and pepper jack cheese.  I felt the burger to be a little greasy, but the greasier the juicier right? Overall, the Spicy Baja Burger was pretty good.  The flavor wasn't super feisty, but the burger was unique.  Nan had the San Diego burger which she really enjoyed.  We also shared some sweet potato fries which were greasy but super flavorful and crunchy.  They were topped with some seasoning which made it extra tasty. I think it's rosemary- super delicious.
Price: 
The price was a little high for a hamburger. My Spicy Baja burger came out to be $6.45. I think I prefer In N Out any day. But it was a great place to check out.  
Overall:
Smashburger is in a great area- near the beach and shopping boutiques. It seems like a fun place to have a quick bite.  I guess, compared to the neighboring restaurants, Smashburger is the most affordable.  I'll come if I'm ever craving a burger at La Jolla Cove.

what a cutie

hi Nan

I'm ready to eat!
I'm glad I got to catch up with my dear friend Nan.  We have such a great relationship. We've been great friends for 8 years and although we don't hang out that often anymore, we still have fun hang outs when we get together.

No comments:

Post a Comment