“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

definitely not the WHOLESHABANG

So Dang has been begging to come here for months and months! He bought a Groupon a while back- $25 for $50 worth of food. Sounds like a great deal.

Crab Hut (2.5 of 5 stars)

Cajun Fries
(big disappointment)
This is nothing NOTHING compared to the amazing Boiling Crab Cajun Fries

Garlic Bread

Nothing special
The meal
2 pounds of shrimp, 1 pound of clams, crab legs deal

Crab Legs
This was suppose to be a "summer deal".  $35 for a cluster of King Crab, 2 Crab Legs, 2 corns, 2 potatoes.  I think it was a pretty decent deal for a variety. 
Up close and personal


Company: Dang, Chris, Corinna, Legarlin
Time: Wednesday, August 10, 6:30 pm
This is actually the perfect time to go for dinner. Around 7pm, lines started to form.
Location: 4646 Convoy Street, San Diego CA, 92111
Located in Convoy- the plaza with the infamous Yogurt World and Tapioca Express. Therefore, the worse parking at night ever!
Type of food:  Seafood- you eat with your hands!
Ambiance: 
Fun, Contemporary, Messy, Young People
Service:
Nice, pretty, friendly,  young servers.  
Taste: 
The "Full House" was pretty good. There was a little sizzle, however I definitely missed the "Wholeshabang" and Boiling Crab.
I love the "Lemon Pepper" flavor. It was sweet, spicy, and flavorful.  I licked every finger when I was done.   
Overall, the flavors are decent.  I think I'm too use to the salty and super flavorful Boiling Crab to enjoy the lighter taste of Crab Hut. 
Price:  
The price came out to be roughly $75 dollars.  So grateful we had the $50 groupon.  
Overall:
I liked how there was a great variety in the menu.  They had onion rings, fries, 3 species of oysters, and other appetizer varieties.  
http://www.crabhutsd.com/menu/
One of my complaint is: WHY IS THERE ONLY ONE BATHROOM FOR EACH GENDER? Eating with your hands means you have to wash your hands before AND after you eat.  One bathroom is definitely inconvenient.  
Overall, I thought this place was decent.  I will come back if I am in desperate need of messy seafood.  
I'm giving 1 star for good service, 1 star for delicious Lemon Pepper, and 0.5 stars because I'm nice. 

ketchup love
READY!
hello cuties
my "favorite" brother and sister
always the last to finish


Verdict: make the 1.5 hour drive to Boiling Crab

No comments:

Post a Comment