“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Catching up with smiley!



GoodOnYa

I decided to meet up with my dear old friend Tim for lunch. While he was busy at work, I yelped away.  I was limited to finding a place in Sorrento Valley, Carmel Valley, or Mira Mesa. There were pretty good reviews for this place so we decided to give it a try.  It was very difficult to find; online directions were inaccurate and the place does not even have a sign.

The set up is circular
It is an Order and Pay situation
Looks like a mini food court 
Sandwich #13 and #3.  Both came with a pickle.
The price was decent at $7 a sandwich. Bring cash because they charge $0.50 for credit card use.
Sandwich #3:  Natural turkey, cranberry sauce, avocado, Swiss cheese, and tomatoes on Ciabatta bread.
I forgot that a Ciabatta bread is a little tougher than most breads. But it was fresh and worked well with the sandwich so it was ok. It was a simple sandwich. I love the cranberry and turkey combination. I liked how they use low-fat mayonnaise but I think I deserved a little more avocado. But overall, this was delicious- Light and fresh.
Sandwich #13: Chicken, avocado, Provolone cheese, spicy mustard, lettuce, tomato, and onion on multi-grain (grilled)
I love that this sandwich was grilled which made the bread warm and crispy.  This was another simple sandwich that was cleanly and freshly made. 
The always super nice and super smiley Tim. Thank you for our mini catch up! It was fun, like always.

Overall: This little place takes great pride in using organic and fresh ingredients which definitely shows. They also have a smoothie and coffee bar.  The menu for that definitely seems delightful and I hope to try it next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment