“A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent."

Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Buffet with my girls

Azukar Sushi
Sacramento, CA
Fresh, made to order all you can eat sushi- $22 (dinner)

Edamame and Fried Oysters (secret menu)

Salmon Skin Handroll 


Honey Walnut Shrimp
This has to be the most unique roll I've ever had. It was sweet and salty, and very delightful.

Scallop Roll

Lion King Roll


Korean BBQ Beef 
Another unique roll that I absolutely loved. They even marinated the beef so that it was a mouthful of flavor


Poki Tuna
Definitely a pass. I liked the seaweed salad on top, but the tuna sashimi at the bottom was half frozen and just not great

Salmon Carpaccio
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. The combination of the cool cucumber and hot seared salmon is just a mouth watering sensation

Tuna Carpaccio
This was good too, but not as fantastic compared to the salmon carpaccio

Hamachi Carpaccio

Pacific Sunrise
This was basically a sashimi salad. It was TERRIBLE. It looks beautiful, but the sashimi was half frozen which totally ruined the texture and taste

BBQ Albacore
This was quite unique because I've never had BBQ albacore before. The albacore was seared, so it had great texture. This was an interesting dish

Home made donuts
People raved about these to me, and I always questioned what is so great about donuts. But these are FANTASTIC. They taste like they were freshly made and sugared. Delicious and fluffy donuts. Although I was extremely stuffed from all the sushi, I had to make room for two of these donuts

Overall: Definitely pass on their rendition of sashimi dishes. I'm not sure if you can just ask for slices of sashimi (I'll try next time). Overall, all the sushi was fresh, creative, and had beautiful presentation. Surprisingly, on Saturday at 6pm, there was only about 5 other tables. Service was also incredibly fast, since there was only 2 sushi chefs preparing the orders. I have to say that Azucar is creative and delicious.


Ginger Elizabeth
A cute little bakery and chocolatier.
Yes we were stuffed from our fulfilling sushi dinner, but we always save room for more dessert!

Elegant and classy desserts

Home made chocolates daily

Perfect Macaroons- 2 for $3
Perfect in presentation, variety, taste, and texture

No comments:

Post a Comment